Failure to comply with the rules below may result in action being taken through the disciplinary or child welfare policies, and may result in removal from the club.
- Complete and return all necessary forms as requested by the club and report any changes in the state of your child’s health to the coach prior to training sessions or events. Inform the membership secretary of any changes in any contact details or permissions.
- Deliver and collect your child punctually to and from training and events, and ensure they are properly attired with the necessary equipment (such as hat, goggles, plenty of drink, and a towel). If your child will be leaving with someone else you must inform the coach beforehand.
- Encourage your child to obey the club’s Swimmer Code of Conduct, as well as helping them to enjoy the sport and to achieve the best of their ability.
- Behave responsibly as a spectator during training and events, and treat members, coaches, committee members, and other parents with due respect. This includes never using inappropriate language towards coaches, swimmers, or other workforce members.
- Abstain from distracting the swimmers during training via waving, calling, and signing, as this may cause important instructions from the coach to be missed.
- If you have an issue to be discussed with a coach, you must wait until the end of the session, or book an alternative more convenient time to discuss.
- Parents must not enter poolside unless requested to do so.
- Parents should help their child to enjoy the sport and to achieve the best of their ability.