The swimming club is committed to a club environment in which all children* participating in its activities have a safe and positive experience. In order to achieve this, the club agrees to:
- Adopt and implement the ASA Wavepower policy in full.
- Recognise that all children participating in the club (regardless of age, gender, race, religion, sexual orientation, ability or disability) have a right to enjoy their involvement in swimming and be protected from harm and be in a safe environment
- Ensure that those individuals who work with children in the club, whether paid or voluntary, provide a positive, safe and enjoyable experience for children.
- Appoint a Club Welfare Officer with the necessary skills and training as outlined by the ASA who will take the lead in dealing with all child safeguarding matters raised within the club.
- Ensure that the club Welfare Officers name and contact details are known to all staff, members and parents** of members and be available to discuss issues of concern on matters of safeguarding and deal with such concerns appropriately and in line with Wavepower 2012/15 guidance.
- Ensure all those persons who work with children in the club have undertaken the appropriate training and relevant CRB checks and adhere to the required practices for safeguarding children as outlined in Wavepower 2012/15.
- Ensure that all individuals who will be working or will work with children in the club have been through the ASA recruitment procedure.
- Ensure that all individuals who work with children in the club have the appropriate training and codes of conduct and good practice to follow in line with the guidance in Wavepower 2012/15.
- Provide all club members and parents of members with the opportunity to raise concerns in a safe and confidential manner if they have a concern about a child’s welfare or protection.
- Ensure that all child safeguarding matters, whether they be concerns about child welfare or protection, are dealt with appropriately in accordance with the guidance for reporting and action in Wavepower 2012/15.
- Ensure that confidentiality is maintained appropriately and in line with the best interests of the child.
- Ensure all papers relating to child safeguarding matters are held in a safe and secure manner.
*”Children” refers to all persons under the age of 18.
**”Parents” is anyone who has parental responsibility for the child concerned