Time of arrival
When going to a competition it is important to know what time the warm up starts and arrive 30minutes prior to this. This allows you to get to know your surroundings and be ready for Pre-Pool which will start 15minutes before the warm time.
- Make sure you know what races you are competing in
What kit will you need to take with you?
- Hat and goggles
- Spare hat, goggles and swimsuit
- Club kit.
- Warm clothing
What food will you need to help you perform your best?
- 2 Water bottles – 1 with water and 1 with diluted squash/juice/electrolyte, to make sure you stay hydrated
- Dry Cereal
- Granola Bars
- Dried / Fresh Fruit
- Sandwiches (banana/ jam/ honey)
- Malt Loaf
- Rice Cakes
- Low Fat Rice Pudding
- Fruit Cake
- Pasta (with vegetables, tomato based sauce, meat)
- Salad with a protein source
- Baked Potato with filling
- Sweets (haribo/ fruit gums etc.)
- Fizzy drinks or drinks high in sugar
- Mayonnaise based pasta dishes